How would people look without teeth? How would they eat their food without them? Teeth are indeed very important due to their functions. They help in chewing the food which is so important for it to get properly digested. How many people actually know that our digestion starts from the mouth itself?
Yes, the digestion process starts as soon as the food enters the mouth. The salivary amylase secreted by the salivary glands helps the food to get properly digested. A person has to maintain dental hygiene as it is directly proportional to having fewer diseases related to them.
Periodontitis is an inflammatory disease called gum disease, that tends to damage the gum tissues and that infection could even reach the bones of the jaw. People often have to get dental implants to check this situation.
This segment of the article will discuss what the symptoms of this disease are so that people can channel themselves about getting treatment and following hygienic practices.
- Blood-Filled Super Red Gums
- Swollen Gums
- Gums That Hurt When Touched
- While Brushing A Person Observe Blood
- Gums Those Bleeds Easily
- Having Bad Breath
- Loosen Teeth
- Difference In The Fitting Of The Teeth
These are some of the symptoms of periodontal disease that a person can observe whether they have them or not. If an individual sees any of these problems in their teeth, they should immediately see a periodontist. They will help them with certain medications so that this situation does not worsen.
Periodontitis is a dreadful disease in which the gums become swollen and even bleed. Pus is also formed within the gums which results in severe pain. In this section of the article, people will be informed about the causes of periodontal disease.
- Poor Dental Hygiene: Basic dental hygiene starts from the home itself. From brushing our teeth twice a day to rinsing our mouth thoroughly after eating everything, dental hygiene is a must for preventing these unwanted diseases. After this, an individual should make sure that they are making regular visits to their dentists to stay a step ahead of all these diseases. The major benefit of dental hygiene is to stop the action of those harmful bacteria which cause the gums to be affected.
- Genetics: Those people have more chances to contract these diseases which have them going on in their genetic tree. They have almost 6 times greater chances of having periodontitis. If anyone has periodontal disease in their genes, they should get regular checkups to determine their possibility of having this disease.
- Habit Of Grinding Teeth: Some people have this habit of grinding their teeth for no good reason. Such people have greater chances of having periodontitis as the teeth are already weak and further the destruction of gums is easy. When a person suffers from periodontal disease, the gums degrade and the grinding of the teeth provides an accelerated response.
- Stress: People who have a higher level of stress, have lower immunity in their bodies. Low immunity holds the body to fight off certain bacteria which cause these diseases. So, stress is also a major cause of these bacterial infections.
- Diet: A healthy and balanced diet helps everyone to have certain macro and micronutrients that are necessary for the body to fight harmful bacteria. An unhealthy diet will make the body devoid of these important nutrients and the body will be susceptible to various bacterial infections. So, diet plays a major role in causing these harmful infections.
This situation needs to be treated once it’s diagnosed. And for treating this, different doctors prefer different treatments. Some prefer non-surgical treatments, while others prefer surgical ones. This also depends upon the severity of the infection. This segment of the article will discuss both of these types of treatments.
As discussed above, it depends on the severity of the infection and which type of treatment is required. When the severity is not so much, non-invasive treatment is recommended by doctors like antibiotics, root planing, scaling, etc. This periodontal disease treatment works like magic if the disease is not in its advanced stage yet.
If the severity of the disease is low, then surgical or invasive methods are recommended. Some surgical methods for treating periodontitis are bone grafting, tissue grafting, pocket reduction surgery, tissue-stimulating procedure, regeneration of tissue, etc. Surgical methods are required when the periodontitis is at a very advanced stage and nothing is working.
This article provided information to its readers about periodontal disease, its causes, and its variety of treatments. Many diseases could be corrected by minor changes in lifestyle. A healthy lifestyle is what needs to be adapted to be protected from such infections.